Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Typical Examples Continued




Not long after this, Al's ex-wife moved into an apartment number 221. To top it all off Al bought a John Deere tractor model # 2210 with a loader bucket model #210. When I saw this I asked Al what the odds are that he would buy a tractor that has his address in the model numbers. Take away the zeros ( in numerology zeros are not numbers they are digit place holders) and you get 22121!!!

One day I was with Al's brother Ray while shopping for computer accessories. When my total was displayed on the register of $102.21, I broke out laughing. Ironically, the next time we went to the same store after Ray had parked I pointed out the license plate in front of us ended in 012 and the one to the right of us was 021. Not long after, we were at a mall and I pointed out two watch advertisement posters that pictured watches displaying 21st day dates. Later on, we stepped in line at A&W. Just then the clerk calls out “order number 21”. I turned around to Ray and exclaimed "twenty-one!" Then the clerk said that my order totaled $2.12. Ray says "how do you do that?" I said "I don't know, I just know that it happens."I don’t do it, I think that it does me!" ( this quote becomes significant later)

Near the same time period while shopping I was at a sporting goods store and was noting the predominance of #12 and # 21 basketball jerseys when a page came through. Margaret call 221, Margaret 221. Hmmm. How does that happen? Two days later, I was at Borders Bookstore. I was holding a book while trying to decide whether or not to buy it. Just then a page came through "Linda 221, Linda 221"

No comments: