Wednesday, December 9, 2009

1221/221 New Car Bug




In the fall of 2003, I went car shopping. When I got to the dealer I found that the sales office had been moved temporarily to the garage while the sales area was being renovated. When I walked into the makeshift sales office, I saw an awesome black Dodge Viper staring me in the face. My jaw dropped when I saw in big bold letters:

12 Mpg city 21 Mpg highway.


After putting some money down on a new Dodge SRT-4, I asked the salesman where the restroom was. He apologized and said that the restrooms were completely torn down and all they had were some portables out in the parking lot. I had to laugh when I noticed that the phone number of the portable toilet company ended in 1221. Then when I got home I found a page-a-day calendar page with a prototype SRT-4 on it. What are the odds that it was dated April 21st?

Continued....

No comments: