Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Spiritual Death Experience (Updated 12/26/09)

My life changed radically in the summer of 1977. Shortly after graduating from high school I tapped into an extraordinary energy source. Actually, it may be more accurate to say that “it” tapped me. I was so charged by this energy that it kept me awake more often than not, for approximately two months and then prior to my transformational experience; almost two weeks straight. I was so energized that I became convinced that I no longer required sleep! If I slept at all, it was brief naps that lasted no more than two hours, and each time I would wake up even more energized than before.

One night while I was watching TV something completely overwhelmed me. I was watching the news and when I saw the Dow Jones symbols going across the screen ( much like in my communication experience with the large headed alien) it triggered something in me that words cannot describe. All I can say is that my perception became so sharp and so clear that I could clearly see small pebbles on the road which were at least 50 feet away. When a car would go by, it was as if I was in control of time. I could watch a car in slow motion or fast as if time was an illusion. Something extraordinary was happening to me. To say that I felt superhuman would not be an exaggeration.

This overwhelming energy and the effects of sleep deprivation caused my perception of the world and my behavior to be radically altered from the norm, and as a result, I ended up in a Detox facility for a 3 day observation period.

I think it was on my second day there when this energy shifted into a different mode. My body began to tremble and shake uncontrollably. I had some of the most incredible bodily sensations while this was happening. Words alone cannot accurately describe what was happening to me. The best I could say is that it felt like a mixture of love, power, potential and pure ecstasy. I was not on any drugs, but I am sure that it appeared to the staff people that I was going through DT’s or some kind of drug induced reaction.

In the Power of Myth Video series; Joseph Campbell described an experience he called “The Shamans Experience.” He said “It is a schizophrenic crack-up, it is an experience of your whole unconscious opening up and the experiencer falls into it.” Then a film clip shows a native youth having this experience during a tribal ceremony. As be begins to tremble, he begins to undergo a spiritual death experience, and while he does he is being supported through it by the tribal shaman who has gone through this experience himself. I had no idea at the time that I would be going through this kind of experience and unfortunately the support of the medical industry would turn out to be very harmful to me on many levels.

On my second night at the detox facility I was sitting at a table and while the trembling and shaking was increasing, a staff person whom I will call Mary sat down with me. She told me she understood what I was going through, she seemed to be telling me the truth, but I cannot know the reality of how she perceived what was happening to me.

After talking to me for some time, Mary showed me to a bedroom and she suggested that it might be beneficial to me if I laid down and rested. After I laid down I noticed that there was a clock radio next to the bed and I asked her if I could turn it on to help me relax and get to sleep. She agreed and said that she would leave me alone to rest and then she turned the light off. I laid there for some time feeling the energy inside me coursing through my entire being like lightning going from cell to cell transforming everything it touched. After about 2 hours physical exhaustion set in and I started to drift off into a pre-sleep state while I listened to a song playing curiously on the radio. At the time it sounded like an meaningful message directly related to me and my current experience:

“ Hang on, help is on its way, I’ll be there as fast as I can. Hang on, tiny voices say, somewhere deep inside me is a man. What’s it like inside a bubble, does your head ever give you trouble, its no sin, trade it in”.

That song seemed to speak directly to the core of my soul. It was as if god himself was speaking directly into my ear with a message designed specifically for me. There is no question that the effect of this song helped me to let go completely, relax and fall into a deep sleep.

I will never forget how I felt when I awakened the next mourning. I literally felt as if I had died and I was in a “soul redistribution center.” I strongly felt that the detox center was a place where people went after they had died and from there we would go onward to our next life. This was pretty heavy stuff for a young adult who really did not know much about anything let alone dying and going on to another life!

When I got out of bed I clearly remember looking out the window and feeling on a deep level of my soul that I was in heaven. Everything looked much more brilliant and ALIVE! I felt an intense sense of connection to everyone and everything I saw.

After taking in the sights of the “new world” I thought I was in, I went to the central room and I immediately perceived everyone I saw as brothers and sisters. It was obvious to me that we were all related and CONNECTED. Words cannot describe the sense of related-ness or the sense of purpose and acceptance of life AS IT IS that I perceived.

No comments: