Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Numbers and Synchronicity

It was around 1984 when I noticed an increase in synchronicities particularly with numbers. I used to work in an office where there was a clock mounted on the wall behind me. Even if I knew the approximate time of day I would spontaneously turn around and see the clock turn to precisely 2:21. This happened so frequently I began to wonder what it was that causing me to do this! This went on daily for over a month. Then I started waking up spontaneously at 12:21 or 2:21 am. It was as if these numbers were some kind of communication trying to get my attention. It never failed to get my attention because it would continually come up in new ways that amazed me. I will never forget when my parents bought a house in 1988 with a 1221 address.!

The number synchronicity phenomena has been a strange characteristic of my life. There were a few times in my life where I just got fed up with it. I reasoned if I could not make use of this somehow in my daily life then it was nothing but a distraction. I tried to tell it to go away and not come back unless it could give me something useful, but it persisted and as time passed on it’s manifestations became more and more bizarre.

In late 1993 I had a dream where my supervisor had called me into his office. He had a book about shamanism on his desk. He said “ I am concerned that this “shamanism thing” you are into is conflicting with your interest in you job here.” I don’t remember how I responded to him, but I do remember what I decided to do shortly after the dream. I felt another strong pull to change my life, to make it simpler, to escape from the confines of daily routines and toxicity of the industrial world. I was on the phone with Al who was living in Phoenix and he said “why don’t you move down here? I can give you a room for $100 a month and then you can go out camping in the wilderness anytime you want.” Soon after I put in my notice at work. I sold or gave away all of my non-essentials and became a free man.

It was not long after arriving there when my shamanic perception began to open up and reach new levels. I began to have extraordinary experiences not long after I settled in there.

One night I was watching a storm coming over the mountains. I had been told that some of the storms there can produce spectacular lightning shows and I was curious if this storm would produce a good show. I turned on my AM radio and scanned the frequencies to see if I could pick up electrical activity from the storm. As “coincidence” would have it, I found a station where the radio host was interviewing Chet Snow who wrote Mass Dreams of the Future. They were talking about the end of the Mayan Calendar on 12/21/2012. When I recognized my number pattern of 1221 & 212 I was all ears throughout the rest of the program.

To be continued below…

No comments: